Tuesday, 9 November 2010

The shoot

I have now done my shoot for the text and image project, it went well,
 I shot a series of silhouettes, with the intention of getting allot of negative
 space on which my model could write. The model was a friend, I felt that
 they would be perfect for this project, not because of the way they look,
but from what I know about the way there mind works. I feel the words he
wrote and the style in which they where written where extremely reflective
of what they where going through at the time. For the final image I did
intervene on what he wrote on it, I asked him to write something more vulnerable
, something which people wouldn’t expect of him, he wrote

“I wish I could find someone who brings out the real me again”

If I was to compare it to someone I would say it was similar to
Jim Goldberg’s work, although the difference is with the style,
I produced more graphic images without location, also mine is 
a series with the same person and is altogether less personal and
specific than his work.I am really happy with what I produced.
I also went for a more subtle style of text, rather than asking him to
write his life story i asked for just a statement, giving the words, when
combined with the image a more poetic feel.
I thought I would find it difficult to work in the confines of a studio,
and it was, but I feel like I have learnt a great deal after this.
The part that I feel is the weekest about my project is the large prints
, because I had to scan in

F-stop 8
light meter reads 8.01

F-stop 5.6
light meter reads 5.6

F-stop 8
light meter reads 8.00

F-stop 5.6
light meter reads 5.6

Evaluation

although i do like these images i feel as if they are purely to satisfy the projects requirements, if i had had more freedom i would have produced a similar series but on location with natural lighting. i feel that the constraints of the studio, while teaching me a new technique's which i may choose to use for other projects, didn't convey my idea in the way i thought it would. to progress this project i would take it to the streets and photograph more than one person, yet continue the way of writing on them. this project has taught me allot about studio ( and in a way day) lighting, and i feel i have produced an interesting group of images.

No comments:

Post a Comment