For our latest project we have been given the title image and text, i was dreading this as i do not like putting words into my images. then i remembered one of my favourite photographers. Jim Goldberg is an American photographer who uses a technique where he takes a photo of someone and then gives them the image and asks them to write there thoughts about it onto the image. i love this idea and think it gives the photo a story to the image and takes photography out of the static image we have become use to.
I also really like the work of Barbara Kruger, not so much the images but the text, its done in a very "news-paper" sstyle which make the images more eye-catching. I don't think it I will attempt to duplicate her work in any way, but i do find it interesting.






No comments:
Post a Comment